Monday, September 7, 2015

Tissue Lab



In today's lab we viewed the different types of tissue under a microscope. We saw various kinds of epithelial, connective, muscular, and nervous tissue. 

One thing I realized today was the true extent of connective tissue.In my notes i had read that connective tissue is the most abundant in the body, and it comes in many forms. When I actually saw cartilage, bone, and blood tissues, which are all different, I could fully comprehend the range and abundance of connective tissue in the body. 

I also noticed that the epithelial tissues all looked like cells layered on top of each other and nervous tissues all had visible neurons. On the other hand muscle tissues mostly looked like smooth solid sheets and connective tissues all looked very different. 

I thought the bone sample and blood samples were very interesting. I could see how the anatomy of the bone tissue is complex and solid, so it must be good for supporting the body. While blood cells are very small and uniform which must make them move through the body efficiently. 
Bone sample, connective tissue 
Blood sample, connective tissue 
Elastic cartilage sample, connective tissue
Stratified columnar, epithelial tissue 


No comments:

Post a Comment