Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Unit 7 Reflection

This unit was about the muscular system. A system I actually learned quite a bit about in sports medicine last year. In this class specifically (A & P) we learned about the muscles from a macro and a micro level. Personally I've always been more of a fan of macro, for me its easier to understand/ relate to blah blah blah, but this unit the micro was actually quite comprehensible. We started off with the directional terms for joint movement and the types of joints. Then we went deeper learning about what goes on inside of muscles, its anatomy and physiology, when it contracts, etc. For contraction it was crazy to see how so many complicated steps can occur within a matter of seconds. After contraction we learned all the majors muscles, and after that we learned about muscle twitch (which is the type of muscle fibers used), and even after that we learned about performance enhancing drugs. We did things like the chicken dissection, the muscle contraction skit video,(which I have a picture of down below), and the performance enhancing collage to help further our understanding of each section. 
I'm doing better on my new year's goals, somedays sleep is good, other day sit is not, but I hunkering down on school work and focusing a lot better.



No comments:

Post a Comment